Health and Wellbeing Course for Shift Workers
This tailor-made, educational course has been designed for anyone that works through the night or early hours of the morning, and is filled with lifestyle and nutritional strategies to help you to feel more energised and alert - no matter your occupation.
You will learn:
- The science around circadian medicine, or more simply, our body clock
- How to breathe in a way that supports the body’s entire biochemistry, including helping the body to lose weight
- Ways to support the gut to improve sleep efficiency
- Rest versus sleep, and why you need both
- The shift work stimulant-sedation cycle, and how to break free from it
- A 3-step nourishment protocol of what to eat on early shift
- Why diet and caffeinated drinks contribute to weight gain
- The extraordinary healing abilities of sufficient cellular hydration
- Effective blood sugar management to reduce fatigue
- Using food to reset your tastebuds to crave less sugar
- The most important nutrient needed to help the body to thrive
- How to recalibrate your circadian rhythms to enhance night shift recovery
- Specific exercises or movement, to suit a tired and weary body
- Circadian nutrition and why timing matters
- Steps to minimise sleep debt
- Why caffeine has been falsely marketed as a tool to give you energy
- How to choose foods that minimise digestive distress, and much more.
A Short Message From Audra ...
- Day 1 - Welcome and Course Outline (14:48)
- Day 2 - The Foundations of Circadian Medicine (13:38)
- Day 3 - The Healing Power of Breath (14:06)
- Day 4 - Calming a Frazzled Nervous System (12:49)
- Day 5 - Water: Mother Nature's Elixir (14:29)
- Day 6 - The Facts about Soda and Energy Drinks (8:37)
- Day 7 - Using Food to Boost Hydration (7:36)
- Day 8 - Sleep: The Basic Fundamentals (13:10)
- Day 9 - Minimizing Sleep Debt (13:05)
- Day 10 - Gut Health and Sleep Efficiency (10:00)
- Bonus Content: Ask Me A Question! (3:55)
- Day 11 - Facts About Alcohol (11:48)
- Day 12 - The Healing Power of Sunlight (9:56)
- Day 13 - Improving Circadian Health (11:20)
- Day 14 - Rest Versus Sleep (9:30)
- Day 15 - Shift Work Nutrition Fundamentals (18:11)
- Day 16 - What To Eat on Early Shift (12:00)
- Day 17 - Circadian Fasting and Night Shift (16:04)
- Day 18 - Overcoming Sugar Cravings (13:36)
- Day 19 - Facts about Caffeine (17:55)
- Day 20 - Movement Medicine for Shift Workers (13:17)
- Day 21 - Life Beyond the Kickstart: Where To Now? (15:11)
Your Course Instructor:
My name is Audra Starkey and I'm a clinically trained nutritionist, accredited trainer, author - and most importantly ex shift work veteran so know how incredibly challenging it is to stay healthy whilst working irregular hours.
Over the years, I've been devouring all things to do with health from a holistic perspective, which has led to the culmination of this purpose-built course for shift workers.
I sincerely hope you enjoy this course and look forward to hearing how it's made a positive change in your life - both in and out of the workplace!
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start?
You can sign up and start straight away as this course is completely self-paced.
What if I miss a day because I'm working heaps of night shifts?
After enrolling, you will have access for a total of 42 days (an additional 21 days) to ensure you have plenty of time to catch-up if you miss a day or two.
Can I do this course if I have a significant health challenge?
Most definitely as this is an educational program based around healthy lifestyle strategies. We do, however, recommend consulting with your healthcare professional if you are wanting individual and personalised advice.
How much time do I need to allocate each day to complete the trainings?
Most of the videos are around 10-15 minutes in duration. If you want to stay on track with the daily content, we recommend allocating 15-30 minutes per day.
Who would benefit from doing this course?
Anyone who's wanting to sleep better, lose weight, have better mental clarity, more energy, acquire a more resilient immune system, gain an understanding of what the best foods are to eat and when, or just looking to improve their overall general health and well-being.
Can I do this course if I reside outside of Australia?
Absolutely! The course has been set up so that anyone can access it from anywhere in the world.